Monday, March 18, 2013

Top Ten Books on my Spring TBR List

This list comes from the Top Ten Tuesday meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. But I never get around to doing this stuff on schedule.


Top Ten Books on my Spring TBR List


1. Requiem by Lauren Oliver. I'm so excited for this conclusion to the Delirium trilogy, I'm almost afraid to read it.

2. Pretty Sly by Elisa Ludwig. I liked the first book a lot more than I expected. I like books that are fun but have depth. I thought it was going to be a stand alone, but the ending had me screaming, "WHAT?!" So I'm really excited for this sequel.



3. Fox Forever by Mary E. Pearson. I know other people weren't really into the second book in this series, The Fox Inheritance, but I liked it. This series really makes me think and I'm excited for this next book. I like that each book kind of stands on its own while still exploring the same story.



4. Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan. David Levithan is an auto buy author for me, and I'm really interested to see what his take on a story with spellcasters will be like, as he traditionally writes thought experiments that seem magical but still count as YA contemporary fiction. 



5. The Lives We Lost by Megan Crewe. I was so captivated by the first installment in this series about an island quarantined due to a strange sickness. I'm interested to see what direction this story will take in this sequel.



6. The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson. I really enjoyed the first book, and although I've heard mixed reviews about the sequel, I'm still excited to read it. 



7. Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search - Part 1 by Gene Luen Yang. Does this count as YA? I don't even care. I MUST FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO ZUKO'S MOTHER.



8. If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin. I love the cover for this book, but I also love stories about people who used to be inseperable but are now estranged.



9. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys. Historical YA set in New Orleans during the 50s? Sold.



10. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller. I like stories about people learning not to be afraid of who they really are. And I also like comic books. And I'm just jazzed that YA contemporary fiction seems to have a lot of promising debuts in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment